Can I access IMPS through multiple bank accounts?
Curious about Immediate Payment Service
Yes, you can access IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) through multiple bank accounts. IMPS is a service offered by individual banks in India, and each bank provides its customers with the ability to use IMPS for fund transfers.
If you have multiple bank accounts with different banks, you can register and activate IMPS services for each of those accounts separately. The process may vary slightly depending on the bank, but generally, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Contact Your Bank: Get in touch with each of your banks where you hold an account and inquire about the process for registering for IMPS services. They will guide you through the necessary steps.
2. Provide Required Documents: Banks may require certain documents for the registration process, such as identity proof, address proof, and accountrelated details. Ensure you have the necessary documents handy when visiting the bank or initiating the process online.
3. Complete the Registration Process: Follow the instructions provided by your bank to complete the registration process for IMPS. This may involve filling out application forms, providing the required information, and agreeing to the terms and conditions of IMPS usage.
4. Set Up Mobile Banking and MPIN: To access IMPS through your bank accounts, you'll typically need to set up mobile banking services for each account. This involves downloading the bank's mobile banking app, registering your mobile number, and creating a Mobile Personal Identification Number (MPIN) for secure authentication of transactions.
5. Activate IMPS: Once you have completed the registration and mobile banking setup, you can activate the IMPS service for each of your bank accounts. This may involve generating a unique MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) for each account, which allows you to initiate IMPS transactions.
By going through these steps for each of your bank accounts, you can access IMPS services individually for each account. This allows you to transfer funds using IMPS from any of your registered bank accounts to other bank accounts within India, as per the IMPS guidelines and transaction limits set by your respective banks.