Can I apply for a duplicate Aadhar card if I lose mine?
Curious about Aadhar
Yes, you can apply for a duplicate Aadhaar card if you have lost the original one. Here's the process to apply for a duplicate Aadhaar card:
1. Visit the official website of the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) and go to the Aadhaar services section.
2. Look for the "Order Aadhaar Reprint" option and click on it.
3. You will be redirected to a new page. Enter your 12digit Aadhaar number or 16digit Virtual ID (VID) and the security code displayed on the screen. Click on the "Send OTP" or "Enter TOTP" button.
4. Verify your mobile number by entering the OTP (OneTime Password) received on your registered mobile number or by using the TOTP (TimeBased OneTime Password) if you have the mAadhaar app installed.
5. After successful verification, you will be directed to the payment page. A fee is applicable for ordering a duplicate Aadhaar card.
6. Choose the payment method (debit card, credit card, net banking, or UPI) and complete the payment.
7. Once the payment is successful, you will receive an acknowledgment containing your SRN (Service Request Number).
8. You can track the status of your Aadhaar card reprint request using the SRN.
9. The duplicate Aadhaar card will be printed and sent to your registered address within a few days.
In case you don't have access to your registered mobile number or if your mobile number is not updated in Aadhaar, you will need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre to apply for a duplicate Aadhaar card.
Remember to keep your Aadhaar details safe and report the loss of your Aadhaar card to the authorities to prevent misuse.