Can I apply for an Aadhar card if I am a foreign national living in India?
Curious about Aadhar
Yes, as a foreign national residing in India, you can apply for an Aadhaar card under certain conditions. The eligibility criteria for Aadhaar enrollment for foreign nationals are as follows:
1. Residency Requirement: You should have resided in India for a cumulative period of 182 days or more in the 12 months immediately preceding the date of Aadhaar application.
2. Intention to Stay: You should have an intention to stay in India for an indefinite period.
3. Valid Visa: You should possess a valid visa that allows you to stay in India for the required duration.
4. Biometric Data: You need to provide your biometric data, including fingerprints, iris scan, and a facial photograph, during the Aadhaar enrollment process.
5. Address Proof: You must provide a valid proof of address in India, such as a rent agreement, utility bill, or any other document specified by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
To apply for an Aadhaar card as a foreign national, you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center and follow the enrollment process. It is advisable to check the official website of UIDAI or contact the Aadhaar helpline for detailed information and any specific requirements for foreign nationals applying for Aadhaar in India.