top of page

How can I report a fraud or dispute related to IMPS transactions?

Curious about Immediate Payment Service

How can I report a fraud or dispute related to IMPS transactions?

If you suspect any fraud or encounter a dispute related to IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) transactions, it's important to take immediate action to protect your interests and resolve the issue. Here's what you can do:

1. Contact Your Bank: Notify your bank's customer support helpline immediately and inform them about the suspected fraud or dispute regarding the IMPS transaction. Provide them with all relevant details, such as the transaction amount, date and time of the transaction, beneficiary details, and any other information that may assist in the investigation.

2. Lodge a Complaint: File a formal complaint with your bank, outlining the fraudulent activity or dispute. Banks usually have dedicated complaint handling mechanisms in place to address such issues. Follow their prescribed procedure for lodging a complaint, which may involve filling out a complaint form or sending a written request.

3. Provide Supporting Documents: Gather any supporting documents related to the disputed transaction, such as transaction receipts, SMS or email confirmations, screenshots, or any other evidence that can substantiate your claim. Submit these documents to your bank as part of the complaint process.

4. Maintain Records: Keep a record of all communication with your bank regarding the fraud or dispute. Make note of the complaint reference number, names of the bank representatives you interacted with, and the date and time of each interaction. This information will be helpful for future reference and followup.

5. Follow Bank's Investigation Process: Banks have internal investigation processes to assess fraud and dispute claims. Cooperate with the bank during the investigation by providing any additional information or documentation they may require. Follow up with the bank regularly to inquire about the progress of the investigation.

6. Escalate the Issue if Required: If you are not satisfied with the resolution provided by your bank, you can escalate the matter to higher levels of authority within the bank. Contact the bank's grievance redressal cell or ombudsman to seek further assistance in resolving the dispute.

7. Report to Law Enforcement: If you believe the fraud or dispute involves criminal activity, such as theft or identity theft, file a police complaint at your local police station. Provide them with all relevant details and copies of your complaint lodged with the bank.

It's important to take prompt action when reporting a fraud or dispute related to IMPS transactions. Keep in mind that the specific procedures and timelines for resolving such issues may vary depending on your bank's policies and local regulations. Stay in regular communication with your bank and follow their instructions to ensure a timely and satisfactory resolution to the matter.

bottom of page